We're looking for talented, passionate individuals to join the Platform team and develop a career that merges art with innovative thinking empowered by technology.
Galleries & Merchandising Associate
We are looking for an enthusiastic and driven Galleries & Merchandising Associate at Platform, the e-commerce site backed by David Zwirner. This role will support the Associate Director of Galleries & Merchandising in signing galleries as marketplace partners, building artworks from our partners onto the site to offer for sale, merchandising works into thematic groupings to be featured to customers, and reporting on sales in order to continually improve our approach to merchandising. This is an exciting opportunity to work with small and mid-sized galleries to establish a new sales channel for them, and to bring more affordable art to an entirely new customer base. An ideal candidate will have strong organizational and communications skills, plus strong interests in both e-commerce and contemporary art.
- Communicate with galleries to ensure timely execution of contracts, as well as timely submission of artwork data and images that meet the marketplace’s specific requirements.
- Ensure on-time artwork build via uploading artwork data through the admin portal, and through cross-functional project management of copy and image retouching team members.
- QA artworks to ensure accuracy of artwork details, pricing, and other details prior to launch.
- Support site merchandising efforts by tagging artworks into thematic attributes, and by facilitating the cross-functional collaboration between Merchandising and Content.
- Collaborate with the marketing team on execution of merchandising-focused marketing initiatives.
- Partner with the customer experience team by liaising with galleries regarding order fulfillment issues or occasional questions from customers.
- Help identify areas of opportunity to improve the technology for customers, galleries and for merchandising admins.
- 1-2 years of experience working in a fast-paced business, in a role that demonstrates communication and organizational skills.
- Strong ability to communicate in a professional manner that’s simultaneously approachable and goal-oriented.
- Proven project management skills and experience working within tight, regular deadlines.
- High-level of attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate cross-functionally.
- Highly collaborative but also a self-starter who works well independently.
- Constant enthusiasm for learning new skills and tools.
- Basic familiarity with Excel and data is a plus.
- Ability to think creatively (both in terms of problem solving and in terms of aesthetics) is a plus.
- A strong interest in e-commerce is also a plus.
- Deep interest and some basic knowledge of art and art history are a strong plus.