We're looking for talented, passionate individuals to join the Platform team and develop a career that merges art with innovative thinking empowered by technology.
Sales & Marketing Liaison, New York
We are looking for a collaborative and ambitious Sales & Marketing Liaison to join the team at Platform, the DZ-backed e-commerce site offering art by the most sought-after young artists..
This is a newly-created position that will complement and work collaboratively with Platform’s marketing and customer experience functions. The key responsibilities in this role will be a) acting as a resource for existing users and customers in order to provide guidance, answer questions and ultimately drive purchasing, b) building a book of new Platform “clients,” c) acting as an extension of the marketing team by working with galleries to secure information and assets that Platform will use to best market our gallery partners and artists, d) growing Platform’s ambassador network.
A successful candidate for this role will have a combination of strong work ethic and social intelligence and aptitude. They should be organized, results-driven and ambitious while also enjoying the interactive and empathic process of helping potential customers get excited about art and about Platform. A strong interest in art is important, as is the ability to talk about it in terms that anyone could understand. This is an outward-facing role, requiring conversation with customers and outreach to and coordination with partners, so an ability to represent the brand’s mission and voice is critical.
- Manage channel(s) for inbound questions from potential customers, providing thoughtful responses to their questions with the goal of encouraging sales
- Collaborate with marketing team on ways to grow traffic and engagement within those channels
- Act as an extension of the marketing team, liaising with select artists and all gallery partners to obtain and provide marketing assets for each month’s launches
- Execute on ad-hoc partner projects, where Platform may be the source of artwork for those projects
- Help scale the Trade Program by identifying and onboarding art advisors and interior designers
- Develop Platform’s own network of relationships with young art collectors and maintain relationships with them in order to drive sales
- 2-4 years of experience in a high-touch customer-facing role – ideally sales – in art or another luxury category
- BA in art history is a plus, especially if work experience is outside of the art industry
- A strong personal interest in art but also a natural ability to talk and think about it in terms that a broader audience understands
- Strong interpersonal skills and a track record of networking and cultivating relationships
- Must be a self-starter who works well independently but can also collaborate well with Platform team members
- Must have experience working in a fast-paced, goal-oriented environment.
- Must be excited to work in a young company to build something meaningful and different than the status quo.
- This person should be resourceful, scrappy and interested in thinking about creative solutions to new problems
- Comfort with web-based apps like Google Sheets, Asana, and Slack is important
The position is largely remote until further notice. However, we are interested in resuming some in-person workdays when possible, so candidates should be based in the NYC area.
If interested, please apply here. Only qualified candidates will be contacted. Absolutely no calls or walk-ins please.